The New Book Review

This blog, #TheNewBookReview, is "new" because it eschews #bookbigotry. It lets readers, reviewers, authors, and publishers expand the exposure of their favorite reviews, FREE. Info for submissions is in the "Send Me Your Fav Book Review" circle icon in the right column below. Find resources to help your career using the mini search engine below. #TheNewBookReview is a multi-award-winning blog including a MastersInEnglish.org recommendation.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Memoirist's Online Book Tour Introduces Self-Help Book

Unfinished
By Suzanne Gravelle
Category: Memoir, Self Help, Motivation
Publisher: TRUMEDIA
ISBN-10: 192700506X
ISBN-13:978-1927005064
Available at Amazon

The greatest lessons we learn are while trying to find ourselves
Author Suzanne Gravelle has announced the release of UnFinished on November 1st, 2011. The paperback edition is the empowering first novel based on Gravelle’s discovery of life beyond the safe, comfortable, predictable world she had lived in.

“Unfinished" inspires readers to break free and create their own adventures, discover new ways to empower themselves, face their fears and find personal freedom in ways both big and small.

After enjoying a successful and rewarding life as mother and career woman for over 30 years, Suzanne Gravelle found herself at what appeared like,….suddenly turning 50, and at a crossroads: Single with grown children and unsure of her future, Suzanne did what many dream of but never do -- she simply left everything behind, went off the grid and on to an incredible journey into the great unknown.

She knew she had become exhausted, physically depressed but she refused to believe she was mentally depressed, but she finds herself mentally and physically detaching from friends, family and her daily life. So, she gave up her comfortable home and career for both outward and inner self-exploration, to just drive from the furthest point East in Canada, with no destination in mind, to wherever the winding roads would lead until she was ready to stop driving.

Suzanne’s desire for freedom motivated her: “I found myself wanting space… wide open space… and not just an afternoon drive out to the country. So, on May 29th, 2010 I drove away from everything that was safe. After my youngest child came bounding down the stairs, suitcase in hand, rummaged through my fridge, proudly proclaiming he was moving out! That to me was a sign, it was my cue to take advantage of my adventurous gypsy mind, my warrior spirit and move out too! I always said I wanted a smaller home when my children moved out, but my truck….a little smaller than anticipated.”

“After 30 years of raising children, 98% of that as a single parent, I love my children but they are adults and are living their own lives and I was done! I was done with property tax, grass to cut, power bills, grocery shopping, etc., so I packed it all in, sold my beautiful home on five acres, resigned from a career I thought I would do for the rest of my life, kissed my children and friends good bye and not having a partner to consider, I just drove away.”

"There is death, birth, blissful moments, moments where I am almost killed, moments I did not want to wake up and cursed the light when I did, and fantastic people and places I have spent time and of course it has the pre-requisite heart break. It is emotional in many ways and hopefully inspiring. 16 months and 60,000 kilometers later, this is my story.”

About Unfinished

This is a true story of a woman who experienced such a profound awakening that she could no longer live the same way, the same life she was just one week before. She could no longer ignore the woman who was screaming to be set free from the ties that bind her to a life she no longer desired or recognized. The transformation to become the woman she really wanted to be has propelled her upon the most remarkable self-discovery journey of her life. She sold her home, gave up her career, kissed her children, grandchildren and friend’s good bye, got into her vehicle and just drove away…ALONE. Where was she going? 30,000km later she finds herself in the most unlikely place to try to piece her life together, trying to make sense of the constant feeling of being UNFINISHED. (To order your copy – http://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Suzanne-Gravelle/dp/192700506X )

About Suzanne Gravelle

Suzanne Gravelle is 49 Years old and has 3 children, 2 grandchildren who live in Nova Scotia.  At the time this book goes to print she is single and homeless by choice, still travelling, seeking that place of comfort she will eventually call home.

She spent most of her life living in Nova Scotia but her formidable years aged 10-25, were spent living on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. She resigned as a Real Estate Agent in Nova Scotia, to embark upon this most incredible journey, driving, exploring Canada and writing this book. To read Suzanne’s extended bio, visit http://bookpromotionservices.com/2011/11/10/suzanne-gravelle-bio/

-----
The New Book Review is blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of the multi award-winning HowToDoItFrugally series of books for writers. It is a free service offered to those who want to encourage the reading of books they love. That includes authors who want to share their favorite reviews, reviewers who'd like to see their reviews get more exposure, and readers who want to shout out praise of books they've read. Please see submission guidelines on the left of this page. Reviews and essays are indexed by genre, reviewer names, and review sites. Writers will find the search engine handy for gleaning the names of small publishers. Find other writer-related blogs at Sharing with Writers and The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor. As a courtesy to the author, please tweet and retweet this post using this little green retweet widget :

2 comments:

Online Courses said...

Literature is not only a storehouse of creativity. Through its topics of discussion literature is also a take on the history of the world.

Sooz said...

Carolyn, Thank you for including me and my book Unfinished on your Blog! It is an exciting and scary time for many people these days and traveling alone without borders, boundries or restrictions makes my journey even more scary and exiciting...but only recently has it become exciting. It takes a long time to become comfortable with change and change is what I wanted. I look forward to reading and following along on your blog. Thank you again for including me!
Suzanne Gravelle...author of UNFINISHED